The Egypt Downstream Summit and Exhibition Advisory Board Meeting 2016
Egypt’s refining and petrochemical industries are at the forefront of the government’s plans to get the energy sector on track, and following reforms to the fuel subsidies and devaluating the Egyptian pound, they are demonstrating their commitment to potential foreign investors.
With on-going and new projects in Egypt’s refining and petrochemical sector, opportunities are plentiful for investors.
It is against this backdrop that the 2nd Egypt Downstream Summit & Exhibition is being held with the support of Egypt’s downstream stakeholders.
The World Refining Association Advisory Board Meeting 2016
To ensure MERTC brings real value to the region’s refiners and petrochemical industries and acts as a platform to support their opportunities and challenges, the World Refining Association and Global Technology Forum, hosted the MERTC Advisory Board Meeting at the Ritz Carlton Hotel, Manama on the 29th August 2016.
The insights shared by the all the Advisory Board members were invaluable and fundamental for the development of the event and we are thankful for their commitment and input.Download Now
The Egypt Downstream Summit & Exhibition Advisory Board Meeting 2015
The World Refining Association gathered 26 stakeholders in Egypt’s refining and petrochemical industry for the Inaugural Egypt Downstream Summit & Exhibition Advisory Board meeting.
The objective of the advisory board meeting was to discuss the key challenges, themes and opportunities that will make up the agenda for the inaugural Egypt Downstream Summit taking place in February next year.Download Now
At the World Refining Association we are committed to understanding the challenges that you are facing now and in the future, and creating events that matter.
We do this through regular research calls with the market, as well as hosting a series of live Advisory Board meetings across the globe. These exclusive meetings are a platform for open dialogue between the regions’ stakeholders, where in-depth conversations establish the themes and direction of World Refining Association events, ensuring that your challenges will be addressed at each event.
This approach to creating event agendas is unique to the World Refining Association.
Our Advisory Board members consists of the stakeholders including:
- Abdoul A Al-Shamrani, Director - Local Content Unit Innovation & Business Development, SABIC
- Abdulla Ateya, Senior Vice President Technical, Borouge
- Andrea Amoroso, Vice President Process Technology, ENI
- Chang-Sern Ee, Senior Vice President, SADAF, Saudi Petrochemical Company
- David Marion, VP Manufacturing, Satorp
- Dawood Nassif, Advisor and GM; Board Dir, Chairman, Nogaholding & Bapco
- Diomidis Stamoulis, Head of Strategy for Manufacturing Operations, Hellenic Petroleum
- Essam Al Sheibany, GM Mina Al Fahal Refinery Operations, Orpic
- Giordano Serafini, Head of Production Planning, SARAS
- Grigoris Stergioulis, CEO, Hellenic Petroleum
- Ioannis G. Kioufis, Deputy Manufacturing, General Manager, MOTOR OIL (HELLAS
- José Carlos Silva, COO Refining and Planning, Galp Energia
- Lars Rosenløv, Senior Vice President, Downstream Operations, Statoil
- Mikael Berthod, Vice President Takreer Research Center, Takreer
- Nadia Al-Hajji, Manager Optimisation & Planning, KIPIC (Kuwait Integrated Petroleum Industries Company)
- Nasser Khamis Al Suwaidi, Director of Petroleum Economics Department, Ministry of Energy, United Arab Emirates
- Suleman Bargan, Executive Director, Domestic Refining & NGL Fractionation, Saudi Aramco
- Teemu Lindberg, Director Refining, UPM
- Wolfram Krenn, Refinery, Director Petrobrazi, OMV